Plaid Friday is November 28
Avoid Black Friday insanity and get “Glad with Plaid” at Smuttynose!
Some folks prefer cold waits outside of large stores, insane bargains for electronics and other shopping events that seem to show a little of humanity’s dark side. At Smuttynose, we’d like to offer you an alternative to all of that madness at our Plaid Friday extravaganza. What can you expect from Smuttynose Plaid Friday? We’re so glad you asked!
- The debut of Smistletoe, an oak-aged biere de garde brewed with sweet cherries, plums and black currants. We bottled a limited number of screen-printed, black ceramic 750ml bottles that will only be available at Smuttynose. Glass 750ml bottles will be going into select markets in limited amounts.
- Hungry? Enjoy delicious sliders from Belle’s on Wheels food truck from 11am-4pm. These folks sling the deliciousness from their mobile kitchen.
- Help us trim our tree! We’re putting up a bare Christmas tree, and we need you to bring ornaments! For each ornament hung on the tree, we’ll donate $2 to Hampton Community Coalition, an all-volunteer nonprofit community action group working to improve the health and well being of Hampton area children and families, particularly those caught in difficult life transitions or without a permanent home.
- Everyone hates fruitcake! Take out your family stress on the much-maligned holiday dessert and be rewarded for doing it well! That’s right, we’re building our own fruitcake toss and you can win fabulous prizes by tossing a cake into Santa’s mouth.
- Last but not least, we’ll have range of excellent wearables and drinkables on special holiday sale. It’s a great way to buy something for the beer lover on your list, and for yourself.
Doors open at the oh-so-reasonable hour of 10am and we hope you’ll join the festivities. Otherwise, read on below for beer release news, an update on Hayseed, our restaurant and a great way to elevate your Thanksgiving turkey to new heights of awesomeness.
We wish you all a happy Thanksgiving!